Friday, September 28, 2007

I obviously need more guy friends...

So I just noticed on Quicktime that the 4th installment of the Saw horror flick franchise is forthcoming.

I've seen exactly none of them.

And I like horror films.

My wife is not so much against horror films as she is against anything that might disturb her sleep. As such, we rarely see horror films at night, the only time one is allowed to watch horror films after reaching the age of sixteen.

This brings me to my point, most of my friends here are women. They are all wonderful women, met mostly through my daughter (ie, mothers of the daughter's friends). That said, I can't exactly go catch a horror flick with any of them. Chiefly there's the concern of their own tastes which let's be honest, rarely run to the Rob Zombie/James Wan/Chan-Wook Park school of film-making. Secondly, there's the issue of husbands, whom look only rarely with delight upon their wives going out for a movie with the odd creature that is your author.

Yep, I obviously need more guy friends.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good Morning! I was excited to hear you had started a blog and was not dissappointed!! Your blog rocks!! Both you and Michelle have an amazing way with words both writen and spoken. I look forward to more ramblings from both!! Oh and LA Ink and Kat rock!! :) I will be linking you up...

Kimberly said...

oh excuse any spelling errors, not much sleep and I should NOT be up!!

Unknown said...

Brother, I only wish we were closer. I watched Saw II today for the third time. Still have yet to catch III though. Same situation...no horror for the Wife, other than yours truly. :)

I still need to see the new Halloween, from the White Zombie himself, as well.

Sad us...such lonely little boys in grown up clothes.

Unknown said...

Would it be too creepy to go see a horror flick alone? lol

Red said...

Um, I like horror movies...and I'm a girl...

m0to said...

28 Days Later, and 28 Weeks Later. Excellent! Going to catch up on Resident Evil this week.

Death before Decaf! said...

L,

If you lived out here I would TOTALLY go see movies with you!


B.