Sunday, July 5, 2009

Texas needs teachers? Really?

I don't really have the words to properly articulate the sublime blend of amusement and dismay I felt upon reading this letter, sent to my department at the prison.
Instead I'm simply going to share it and let you experience it for yourselves.



Ouch.

I'll add a translation later, "be cows" some of my readers may have some difficulty with this...dialect.

This really does drive home the need for literacy development.
I wonder if that point might be relevant to my current job search.
;)

B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Part of me was shocked at this butchering of the language, and another part was somewhat surprised that the author got so many other words right, and had such decent handwriting. Such an odd mixture.

It's sad. Every part of people being in prison is sad to me.